Third Grade Full Curriculum
Goals of the Third Grade Full Curriculum:
A significant upward step is evidenced in the material and the expectations of third graders. Up until this point testing has been limited and exclusively factual in nature. The emphasis in the grammar stage continues to be factual with the addition of simple essay questions, note taking, and paragraph writing. Each week a brief writing assignment is given in Spelling and book reports no longer are limited to simple forms. To aid in the process, Covenant Home provides an excellent Note-Taking/Book Report Guide, which assists the student to think analytically as well as in the mechanics of writing. Wonderful classical literature provides excellent subject matter for book reports, while the Skilltext reader continues the mechanics of critical thinking and other essential skills.
The primary Bible series, Suffer Little Children III is used, providing an excellent New Testament study. The Pilgrims of Plimothenhances the study of the American history text which covers the formation of the Constitution, Westward Expansion, the Civil War, and Industrialization. Our other book for this grade is Black Beauty. Students learn to outline in third grade, with astonishing success! Multiplication is the main focus of Math. Students are required to memorize multiplication tables. Science is continued in Apologia Botany.Included in the Third Grade Full Curriculum:
Items Included in the Third Grade Language Curriculum:
- Language Roundup 3, includes student book, teacher's edition and a blueprint.
- Grammar Activity Booklet with tests and schedule for use with Language Roundup 3.
- Grammar Handbook for use with Language Roundup 3.
- Phonics Workbook D from Merrill, includes student book, teacher's annotated edition and a blueprint.
- SRA Spelling, includes student book (level 4), teacher's manual and blueprint.
- Ben, a Skilltext Comprehension Reader, includes student text, teacher's annotated edition and blueprint.
- Black Beauty, includes book, reader's guide, and blueprint.
- The Pilgrims of Plimoth Supplemental Reader with blueprint.
- CHC Transitional Book Report Form.
- Penmanship D, includes student book and blueprint.
Items Included in the Third Grade Bible Curriculum:Items Included in the Third Grade History Curriculum:
- Heritage Studies 4 includes textbook, CHC Test Set and blueprint.
- Supplemental Geography Activity Sheets with User Guide.
Items Included in the Third Grade Science Curriculum:
- Apologia Botany, includes student text, quarterly exams and blueprints. (Optional student notebook also available for a fee.)
- A Beginning Science reader. (titles may vary)
Items Included in the Third Grade Mathematics Curriculum:
- MCP Mathematics Level C includes student book, Teacher's Manual and blueprint.