Fourth Grade Full Curriculum
Goals of the Fourth Grade Full Curriculum:
Grammar is a major focus of fourth grade. Students are introduced to the parts of speech and diagramming. Covenant Homeâ€™s Grammar Activities accompany the Language Roundup worktext, reinforcing the concepts through interesting stories and exercises, not endless pages of unrelated sentences having no value to the reader. Our Handbook of Grammar Rules is keyed to both text and Grammar Activities.The two main pieces of literature in this grade are Hans Brinker and God Made Them Great. Several interesting readers are scheduled in the Day-by-Day, along with The Iliad and The Odyssey, which are integrated with the study of Ancient Greece. The two remaining short classics are chosen with the gender of the student in mind. We really do try to encourage the reading of good literature in every possible way! The Note-Taking/Book Report Guide continues to be of major importance in the intermediate grades.
A new series of Bible studies is begun. Students return to the Old Testament studying Creation through King Saul. Parents report that they are able to use this text with many levels of learners, and they, too, are blessed and challenged by the thorough lessons. In Science, the student will study the flying creatures in Creation. The main focus in Math is on long division. One feature of our fourth grade which has been well received is the study of Ancient Greecethrough the Famous Men series. We have made these materials much more complete and easier to use through our Day-by-Day scheduling, our FM of Greece Test Set and Covenant Homeâ€™s History Overlay. Included in the Fourth Grade Full Curriculum:
Items Included in the Fourth Grade Language Curriculum:
Items Included in the Fourth Grade Bible Curriculum:
- Language Roundup 4, includes student book, teacher's edition and a blueprint.
- Grammar Activity Booklet with tests and schedule for use with Language Roundup 4.
- Grammar Handbook for use with Language Roundup 4.
- SRA Spelling, includes student book (level 5), teacher's manual and blueprint.
- God Made Them Great, a student reader with blueprint and quizzes.
- Hans Brinker, includes book, reader's guide, and blueprint.
- Illustrated short classics with Classic Critique study guides (titles may vary).
- CHC Note-taking Guide and Book Report Form.
- Penmanship E, includes student book and blueprint.
Items Included in the Fourth Grade History Curriculum:
- Show Me Thy Ways (4), includes book, student workbook with key, CHC Test Set and blueprint.
Items Included in the Fourth Grade Science Curriculum:
- Apologia Exploring Creation with Flying Creatures includes student text, quarterly exams and blueprints. (Optional student notebook also available for a fee.)
- A Beginning Science reader. (titles may vary)
Items Included in the Fourth Grade Mathematics Curriculum:
- MCP Mathematics Level D includes student book, Teacher's Manual and blueprint.
- OR Saxon 54 includes student book, Home Study Packet and blueprint.