Sixth Grade Replacement Kit
The following list of consumable items are found in the Sixth Grade Replacement Kit based on the 2000 Course Inventories Catalog. Reusable items which are new to the program this year are also included.
If there are additional items which are needed please be sure to list them in the Tailoring Notes field when you check out. We will then contact you with the revised pricing information prior to processing your order.
Goals of the Sixth Grade Full Curriculum:
Parents report that the Day-by-Day is an especially valuable friend in sixth grade. After all, children of this age are moving into the dialectic (logic) stage of the Trivium; they are now able to challenge the things they learn. You’ll notice that our Test Sets contain more essays at this level, and writing is of increased importance. Students are asked not only to define in their own words, but to give pros and cons; to discuss behavior or express opinion. These things cannot be taught or assessed through multiple choice, self-graded, or computer-graded tests. Our goal is to produce thinkers. Having acquired the tools with which to learn (K-5th) we are ready to focus on the learning process. If a student is taught how to learn in a few subjects, he will be equipped to learn any subject! In Vocabulary, for example, students learn the etymology of the word, enabling them to have knowledge of many derivatives and related words. In history they read a passage and then summarize orally or in a notebook. Continual feedback and interaction of ideas not only insures proper understanding but provides an opportunity for expression and growth. It builds confidence.
The Writing Skills workbook sets forth some basics of topic sentences and paragraphs. Once again, the reading material is largely integrated with the study of The Middle Ages, culminating with God’s Outlaw,the story of William Tyndale, 1494-1536.Earthquakes, volcanoes, and space are some of the topics covered in Science, while the main focus in Math is on division of decimals, geometry, and percents. Included in the Fifth Grade Replacement Kit:
- Day-by-Day Scheduling Guide for 6th Grade.
- 6th Grade Blueprint Pack and Grading Sheets.
- CHC Chapter Tests for Mark's Sketchbook of Christ.
- Mark's Sketchbook of Christ student worktext.
- CHC's Note-Taking Guide and Book Report Forms.
- Writing Skills 1 student workbook.
- Wordly Wise 3000 Book 6 Student Book
- Language Roundup 6 student Book
- Language Roundup 6 Activity sheets.
- CHC Test Set for Famous Men of the Middle Ages.
- Famous Men of the Middle Ages student workbook.
- MCP Math F student workbook.
- CHC Test set forExploring Creation With Land animals
- Field Guide to Birds coloring book.